Currently, over 60 countries have implemented the asbestos prohibition requirements, while in China, one of the biggest ship building countries, asbestos is still being used legally. Consequently, China’s ship building yards are facing the difficulty to manage the asbestos, and further, to prove ships that build in China are asbestos free.
CTI is going to hold seminars in May 2013, aiming to introduce IMO regulations and technical specifications, to propose guidance on asbestos risk control. We also have invited a lawyer to interpret potential legal risk, and advices will be given on protective measures based on recent legal dispute on asbestos issues.
Content of Seminar:
- Asbestos hazardous
- Regulations from IMO and port states
- Risks of new-building ships and how to avoid such risk
- How to choose an asbestos investigation and management organization
- Asbestos laboratory testing
- Case study on asbestos legal issues
Time and Place
Guangzhou, May 9, 2013
Qingdao, May 17, 2013
Shanghai, May 24, 2013